Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blogging: The New AIM

Remember when AIM was the thing to be into? Well now, apparently, it's blogging. I blogged throughout my angsty teenage years and have started at least four since, but going to SER-AMTA '11 convinced me start over... again.

I'm intending this blog as a networking, sharing, and recieving tool for me and other music therapy students and professionals (who would deign to read a little fish's blog). I don't always feel like I have much to share, being a student surrounded by amazing professionals and professors who have been doing this forever, but I do have a mind that is all my own. Something unique is bound to come out of it, and someone is bound to benefit from it.

So, why "Diary of a Wimpy Music Therapy Student"?
1. I am a music therapy student.
2. My primary interest is in working with children, so the idea of using a parody of a popular children's series title (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) appealed to me.
3. The only thing I love more than music therapy is my Creator, and the best way for me to keep clinging to His power and not my own skills and knowledge is by reminding myself that I'm pretty wimpy. In comparison to the power and vastness of God, I'm downright (straight up?) wimpy. And I like it that way.

So, here's to adventure!

1 comment: